Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Case of the See-Through Monk ~or~ I Had to Google "Clean Coffee from Keyboard" - Thanks a Lot, Natasha.


I’m deep into post-production on HoFS Scene 8, “Fixed!”.  When I’m not snorting coffee all over my keyboard (thanks, Natasha, for adding about an hour to our blooper reel, all by your sultry little evil-spy self), I’m desperately trying to figure out a way to save this footage from the wide, chroma-key blue side panels  I unfortunately didn’t notice that Ed was sporting on his shirt.

Natasha McGinnis as Natasha Badenov and Ed McGinnis as Ding Bang, Abbot of the Jade Fender Temple


So much for the preternatural observation skills of the martial artist… Derp-derp!

Anywho, my philosophy is: when life hands you lemons, plunk down and Google the crap out of lemon recipes!

While I was searching, I found the BEST explanation ever for how to chroma-key in Sony Vegas. I rather doubt I’ll have time to go back and implement this on the video I’ve already ever-so-amateurishly blue screen edited, but I’m sure it will make a huge difference in the rest of the editing before me.

TOTALLY worth a see-through monk to find this!

3 comments:

  1. How I've missed all of you at Martial Artistry and the crazy fun we get into! We need to start doing a "blue check" before every scene! Everyone looks everyone else over for blue (or green in the case of the green screen). :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you, too!

      I figure that by next year, my improved chroma-key skills, a better camera, and a long, long, way-too-freaking long list of all the errors on this first film that we learned from will see the quality of the next video improve greatly.

      That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

      Delete
    2. I know you have put a lot of effort, heart, time and money into this project. Let me just say that it is greatly appreciated, and we all can't wait to see the finished project. I do hope that you decide to do this again despite all the challenges and difficulties. However, if you decide not to, I know I will cherish the time I got to experience this wacky, wild and wonderful ride!

      Delete