Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday Film-Making Finds: FreeStockMusic.com


A film without music is like a Wal-Mart shopper without clothes. It's just wrong and you never, ever want to watch it. Think about it. Even in the days before talkies, they made sure to have a musical score that went with each movie.


So, what's a law-abiding gal with no movie-making budget to do? Who will save our heroine from the nekkid Wal-Mart shopper music-less movie syndrome?


Ta-Da! Enter FreeStockMusic.com



By the time I stumbled onto FreeStockMusic.com, my search for stuff I could use to jazz up our House of Flying Squirrels had left me jaded and cynical. “Yeah, right, free music”, I thought, “and now for the catch”. You see, I’d already discovered there was ALWAYS a catch. But, the terms of agreement were in plain English, and -- holy crow -- it really was FREE!


“Okay,” I thought. “The music must be horrible. You get what you pay for, and I can’t pay anything.” I cringed and hit the play button on the first song.


And it was good. Really good. As was the next song, and the next, and the next! All the music was coherently categorized, the descriptions so accurate and succinctly detailed that I could find the right music first time, every time.


I can't say enough good things about the helpful folks (big shout out to Evan Powell) and the talented artists who contribute to this site. Thank you, FreeStockMusic.com!


S3Y5UW4AZ8GT

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful find! Thank you FreeStockMusic.com for your huge contributions to our campy, awesome martial arts movie! Are we going to send a copy to Mr. Evan Powell? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, when the movie's done, I'll send a youtube link to all the different sites whose content I used (some may say "abused").

      Delete